Remember, seasoning with salt as you go will give you a more balanced soup at the end. Fresh ground pepper at the table is nice.
2 tbsp. coconut oil or canola oil
1 onions, chopped and sweated
1 clove Chopped Garlic
1 piece Chopped Ginger
1 tsp. ground Tumeric
½ tsp. black pepper
2 Carrots Peeled & Rough Chopped
1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 can coconut milk (we like Aroy-d)
3 cup Water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to melt, and then add onions. Sweat until soft and translucent.
2. Add garlic and ginger, sweat for a couple mintues before adding spices.
3. Cook spices for 30 seconds, then add carrots, sweet potato and squash.
4. Add coconut milk and water, bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer
5. Simmer until vegetables are very soft, and then blend soup in a blender. When you think that you are done blending…blend a longer. Finished soup should be silky smooth!
6. Taste for seasoning and serve!