Caulifower & Potato Curry for Instagram Live!
2 medium onion, finely chopped
2" piece fresh ginger
2-3 cloves garlic
2 whole carrots, finely diced
2 tsp tumeric
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp whole mustard (optional)
1 head cauliflower
3 Yukon gold potatoes
1 can coconut milk
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place florets of cauliflower on a sheetpan lined with parchment. Toss with olive oil and a gernerous sprinkling of satl. Roast until golden brown. 15-20 minutes. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add 2-3 Tbsp grapeseed oil ( or other neutral oil). Add onions and cool until caramelized Add carrots cooking 4-5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and giner and cook 3-4 minutes longer.
2. Stir in spices, cooking until fragrant 30 seconds to 1 mintue.
3. Add potatoes, stirring to coat with spices. Cooking for 4-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
4. Add cauliflower, along with coconut milk and 2 cans of water. Cook until potatoes are tender.
5. Top with a dollop of full fat yogurt and fresh cilantro.